Real estate outranks stocks/mutual funds, gold, savings accounts/CDs, and bonds as the best long-term investment among Americans.
Real estate is ranked as the best long-term investment among all age groups.
Millennials rank both rea…
Three years ago, John Paulson gave a keynote address at the CNBC/Institutional Investor Conference. In his speech, he told those in attendance that he believes housing will continue its strong recovery for the next 4 to 7 years, saying that:Read More
- 2015 marks the first year-over-year increase in investment home sales since 2011.
- 62% of all investment homes purchased were single family homes.
- The South saw the highest percentage of investment home sales (39%) with the West coming in second (28%).
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) recently released their latest Existing Home Sales Report, which revealed that homes were on the market for an average of 47 days in March. This is a decrease from the 59 days reported in February, as well as the 52 days reported back in March 2015.Read More
The housing market is really heating up and buyer demand is dramatically increasing as we enter the spring season. However, one challenge to the current market is a major shortage of inventory. Below are a few comments made in the last month by industry experts.Read More
How Housing Matters is a joint project of the Urban Land Institute and the MacArthur Foundation. It is “an online resource for the most rigorous research and practical information on how a quality, stable, affordable home in a vibrant community contributes to individual and community success”.Read More
- 24% of all recent home buyers were single at the time of purchase.
- 47% of single men cite the desire to own a home of their own as the primary reason to buy.
- 18% of first-time buyers were single women.