Real estate outranks stocks/mutual funds, gold, savings accounts/CDs, and bonds as the best long-term investment among Americans.
Real estate is ranked as the best long-term investment among all age groups.
Millennials rank both rea…
The Gallup organization recently released a survey in which Americans were asked to rank what they considered to be the “best long term investment.” Real estate ranked number one, with 35% of those surveyed saying it was a better long term investment than stocks & mutual funds, gold, savings accounts or bonds.Read More
- 2015 marks the first year-over-year increase in investment home sales since 2011.
- 62% of all investment homes purchased were single family homes.
- The South saw the highest percentage of investment home sales (39%) with the West coming in second (28%).
The housing market is really heating up and buyer demand is dramatically increasing as we enter the spring season. However, one challenge to the current market is a major shortage of inventory. Below are a few comments made in the last month by industry experts.Read More
11% of new homebuyers stated “energy efficient features” as the reason for their purchase.
The most popular remodeling projects done for energy efficiency were insulation upgrades, HVAC replacements, and vinyl & wood window inst…
Last week, the inaugural “Homebuyer Insights Report” was released by the Bank of America. The report revealed the reasons why consumers purchase homes and what their feelings are regarding homeownership.Read More
- 24% of all recent home buyers were single at the time of purchase.
- 47% of single men cite the desire to own a home of their own as the primary reason to buy.
- 18% of first-time buyers were single women.
58% of vacation homes purchased were single family homes.
51% of vacation homes that were purchased were found online.
The median price of a vacation home is up 28% from 2014.