Historically, the choice between renting or buying a home has been a tough decision.
Looking at the percentage of income needed to rent a median-priced home today (29.2%) vs. the percentage needed to buy a median-priced home (15.8%)…
- Whether you are selling your home, just purchased your first home, or are a homeowner planning to stay put for a while, there is value in knowing which home improvement projects will net you the most Return On Investment (ROI).
- While big projects like adding a bathroom or a complete kitchen remodel are popular ways to increase a home’s value, something as simple as updating landscaping and curb appeal can have a quick impact on a home’s value.
- For more information about top renovation projects that net you the most ROI, you can check out the complete list here.
- The “Cost of Waiting to Buy” is defined as the additional funds it would take to buy a home if prices and interest rates were to increase over a period of time.
- Freddie Mac predicts that interest rates will increase to 4.8% by this time next year, while home prices are predicted to appreciate by 4.8% according to CoreLogic.
- Waiting until next year to buy could cost you thousands of dollars a year for the life of your mortgage!
- For the 5th year in a row, the Northeast saw a concentration of “High Outbound” activity.
- For the first time ever, South Dakota held the top spot for “High Inbound” states.
- Much of America’s outbound activity can be attributed to Boomers relocating to warmer climates after retiring.
- Sales of existing homes reached the highest pace in a decade at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.69 million.
- January marked the 59th consecutive month of year-over-year price gains as the median home price rose 7.1% to $228,900.
- NAR’s Chief Economist, Lawrence Yun had this to say, ‘Much of the country saw robust sales activity last month as strong hiring and improved consumer confidence at the end of last year appear to have sparked considerable interest in buying a home.’
Highlights:When listing your house for sale your top goal will be to get the home sold for the best price possible!There are many small projects that you can do to ensure this happens!Your real estate agent will have a list of specific suggestions for…Read More
- Realtor.com recently shared “5 Habits to Start Now If You Hope to Buy a Home in 2017.”
- Setting up an automatic savings plan that saves a small amount of every check is one of the best ways to save without thinking a lot about it.
- Living within a budget now will help you save money for down payments and pay down other debts that might be holding you back.
- As we usher in the new year, one thing is for certain… if you plan to buy or sell a house this year, you need a real estate professional on your team!
- There are many benefits to using a local professional!
- Pick a pro who knows your local market and can help you navigate the housing market!
- November’s Existing Home Sales report revealed that sales are now at an annual pace of 5.61 million which is “now the highest since February 2007 (5.79 million) and is 15.4% higher than a year ago (4.86 million).”
- Total housing inventory (or the inventory of homes for sale) fell 8.0% from last month and is now 9.3% lower than November 2015.
- Inventory has dropped year-over-year for the last 18 months.
- The median price for all home sales in November was $234,900, up 6.8% from last year and marks the 57th consecutive month of year-over-year gains.